Maintain your independence in the community you love
When you need a little help to stay independent, our Westbridge assisted living neighborhood provides exceptional support. Located in our Wyndemere community and within an hour of Chicago, Westbridge residents receive care from people they know and are near friends and familiar places.
Here, our kindhearted and highly trained nurses and caregivers adapt to residents’ needs and preferences. Whether it’s helping with dressing, bathing, managing medications, getting to a medical appointment, or other everyday tasks, our staff provides just the right amount of assistance at the right time so residents can enjoy life on their own terms. For individuals and their families, it’s comforting to know help is always available, day and night.
Westbridge assisted living offers these benefits:
- Ideal neighborhood setting in greater Chicago
- Private apartment home with en suite bathroom
- All utilities, including cable TV, WiFi, housekeeping and maintenance
- Delicious dining with seasonal menus prepared by our culinary team
- Unlimited access to services, amenities, activities and programs
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) such as dressing, bathing, eating, and transportation
- Medication management, including coordinating with doctors and pharmacies
- Discreet well-being checks throughout the day
- Emergency call system in each apartment home
- Staff available 24/7
- Access to dementia, Alzheimer’s, or other memory care support, if needed
- Access to additional health services at Wynscape, if needed, including rehabilitative physical, occupational, and speech therapies and short- or long-term care
A Bridge to Home
Need a short-term solution? Try our respite care in Wheaton
If you are recovering from an illness, injury or other health issues, we provide respite care to help on your road to recovery. Respite care is also a helpful solution for family members who need a break or are temporarily unable to care for a loved one. For older adults considering a move to a senior living community in greater Chicago or wondering if assisted living is the right option, a short respite stay offers a chance to test the waters.
What to expect of our short-stay respite care:
- Upon arrival, guests and their loved ones receive a private meal and a welcome basket filled with snacks and other goodies.
- Guests and their loved ones also receive a personal tour of the community.
- Each guest is assigned a concierge physician.
- Guests stay in a private, furnished suite with a full private bathroom.
- A transition coordinator schedules information sessions and provides contact details of key personnel.
- Each guest receives daily courtesy calls and visits by nurses and activity coordinators.
Assisted living frequently asked questions
Maintaining independence is one of the most important goals for seniors. Assisted living ensures older adults can continue to live independently for as long as possible by providing supportive services in a residential setting.
Individuals or couples typically live in an apartment in a neighborhood-style community. Each person receives personalized care and support that addresses their specific needs based on a care plan and ongoing wellness evaluations. Licensed team members assist with the Activities of Daily Living, including help with meals, housekeeping, bathing, dressing, grooming, managing medications, and transportation.
In addition to personalized care, assisted living makes it easy for individuals to stay active and involved for years to come. At Westbridge assisted living in greater Chicago, residents can choose from an array of enjoyable amenities and life-enriching activities, including social, educational, and spiritual opportunities.
If you or your loved one need help with Activities of Daily Living,such as taking medications, bathing, dressing, and making meals, assisted living may be the answer. It’s best to start with a physician’s assessment. Depending on the situation, the assessment will help you better match your needs with the right level of support.
If you or your loved one need more than what’s offered by assisted living, we have a full continuum of on-site care available to all residents of Wyndemere. Our highly trained staff provides rehabilitation therapies, skilled nursing, memory care, and long-term care and support.
To learn more about how Westbridge’s assisted living can help you or a loved one, call us at 630-690-6662 or use our contact form.
Our guide to Choosing the Right Living Option also offers an excellent overview of your senior care options.